Michael leads the firm’s Service Organization Controls (SOC) practice and serves as co-leader of the Assurance practice.
Areas of Focus
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Construction and Engineering
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Service Organizations – SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 pre-assessment services and examinations
- Performs external Peer Reviews
Education & Professional Certifications
- B.S. – Accounting, Messiah College
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member – American and Pennsylvania Institutes of Certified Public Accountants
- Member – Peer Review Committee of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member – Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Frequent Speaker – accounting and technical topics
- Member – Messiah College Department of Business Advisory Board
- Committee Member and Program Level Leader for middle-school age program for Trail Life USA troop
- Past President – Big 33 Scholarship Foundation
- Past Treasurer and Executive Committee Member – Volunteers of America Pennsylvania
Awards & Recognitions
- Received Central Penn Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” Award
- Graduate of Leadership Harrisburg Area
- Enjoys RV camping with his wife and two children, with a family goal to visit every National Park in the USA. Favorite activities include backpacking, mountain biking, golfing, and getting to every baseball game, soccer match, band performance, and other events that his kids are in.
- Lifelong tortured Buffalo Bills fan.