Forensic Examination Services
“The team was experienced, professional and brought strong IT skills to discover and document the fraud in our accounting department. Their work resulted in a report that our insurance company was impressed with and resulted in a very fast turn-around and payment of our claim. Their experience with law enforcement and bank security professionals proved to be a valuable asset.” – Anonymous Client
Fraud and abuse is a widespread problem that effects practically every organization regardless of size, location, or industry. The typical organization loses 5% of its annual revenue to occupational fraud. The median loss caused by the occupational fraud cases in the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners 2016 Report to the Nations study was $145,000. More than 20% of these cases caused losses of at least $1 million.
Our team of forensic professionals include Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs) that have skills and experience in prevention, detection, and examination of fraud in a variety of industries. CFEs have the ability to:
- Identify an organization’s vulnerability to fraud.
- Examine data and records to detect and trace fraudulent transactions.
- Interview personnel to obtain information.
- Write fraud examination reports, advise clients about finding, and testify at trial.
- Advise on improving fraud prevention and deterrence measures.
Maintaining this level of investigative experience in house can be costly for any organization. Depending on the type of fraud, examinations can consume the valuable time of key finance and audit managers for days or weeks. McKonly & Asbury has the resources to help prevent, detect, or examine a fraud scheme.
Services We Provide
Fraud Prevention & Fraud Detection Services
- Fraud Awareness Training for Managers and Employees
- Review of Existing Controls from an Anti-fraud Perspective
- Fraud Risk Assessments
- Data Mining for Red Flags
Fraud Examination Services
- Investigating Allegations of Fraud
- Interviewing Internal or External Suspects
- Litigation Support & Forensic Accounting
Forensic Examination Resources