Internships & Externships
McKonly & Asbury’s Internship Program is designed to give you a feel for what it is like to work at McKonly & Asbury. These positions allow students to put their education to use and include training and use of various software packages, including specific audit and tax software. This is a paid position.
Your internship experience will include the following:
- An understanding of the culture McKonly & Asbury is so proud of and the opportunity to become acclimated with working within a friendly, yet challenging, professional environment.
- Completion of audit, accounting, and tax training exercises (part of our orientation program for entry level staff accountants). This includes collaboration and review with a senior member of the firm.
- Real world experience by providing assistance to “live” audit teams through planning and performance of a variety of different audit procedures.
- Participation in engagement team meetings, both internal and with clients. External meetings will include the chance to interact with clients and gain experience in providing excellent client service.
- Other accounting-related projects and as needed support to the McKonly & Asbury professional team.
- Exposure to a wide variety of industry specialties. Examples include affordable housing, construction, healthcare, manufacturing, and nonprofit organizations.
- Participating in firm events and social outings to develop relationships with co-workers.
- A thorough evaluation of performance similar to that of an entry-level accountant. This evaluation includes valuable takeaways to improve your professional career.
- An assigned buddy who is available to answer any questions you may have.
Our 2020 Internships are full! Stay tuned for more information on 2021 Internships.
*Please note that we always recruit for internships a year in advance.
Do you want to experience what it’s really like to work in a public accounting firm? If so, apply for McKonly & Asbury’s Emerging Leaders Summer Externship Program! Our externship program is designed to give you the opportunity to learn what a career in public accounting can offer, while experiencing our culture firsthand.
The program consists of four events that take place from May through July. During the course of the events, each extern will be assigned a buddy – a McKonly & Asbury staff member.
Throughout your time with us, you will:
- Gain valuable career information while shadowing your buddy and other staff members.
- Have networking opportunities with our team.
- Participate in professional skills development and mock interviews, receiving feedback from our leadership team.
- Experience our unique culture.
Our 2020 Program is full! Stay tuned for more information on next year’s program early in 2021.