Internships & Externships
McKonly & Asbury’s Internship Program is designed to give you a feel for what it is like to work at McKonly & Asbury. These positions allow students to put their education to use and include training and use of various software packages, including specific audit and tax software. This is a paid position.
Your internship experience will include the following:
- An understanding of the culture McKonly & Asbury is so proud of and the opportunity to become acclimated with working within a friendly, yet challenging, professional environment.
- Completion of audit, accounting, and tax training exercises (part of our orientation program for entry level staff accountants). This includes collaboration and review with a senior member of the firm.
- Real world experience by providing assistance to “live” audit teams through planning and performance of a variety of different audit procedures.
- Participation in engagement team meetings, both internal and with clients. External meetings will include the chance to interact with clients and gain experience in providing excellent client service.
- Other accounting-related projects and as needed support to the McKonly & Asbury professional team.
- Exposure to a wide variety of industry specialties. Examples include affordable housing, construction, healthcare, manufacturing, and nonprofit organizations.
- Participating in firm events and social outings to develop relationships with co-workers.
- A thorough evaluation of performance similar to that of an entry-level accountant. This evaluation includes valuable takeaways to improve your professional career.
- An assigned buddy who is available to answer any questions you may have.
Openings for our 2018 internships have been filled. We are now accepting applications for 2019 internships! Email your resume to us at email@example.com.
*Please note that we always recruit for internships a year in advance.
McKonly & Asbury’s Externship Program is designed to give you an opportunity to experience and learn more about our culture at McKonly & Asbury, while still allowing you to work a full-time summer job.
The program consists of events that take place from May through July. Each extern will be assigned a buddy – McKonly & Asbury staff. During these events, you will experience networking with our team, shadowing your buddy at an audit or tax client, participating in mock interviews and receiving feedback from our leadership team, and gaining knowledge of our firm’s culture so you can observe what a day in the life of a staff accountant at McKonly & Asbury is like.
Applications for our 2018 Externship Program are being accepted. Click here to apply!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.