Webinar Recap: A Practical Overview of “Obamacare”
We had another great webinar presented by Suzanne Sentman, Human Resource Director with McKonly & Asbury and Micah Saul, Attorney with Devine Law Offices, LLC! Thank you to everyone that attended and received CPE credit.
We reviewed the key provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (also known as “Obamacare” or “PPACA”) and although many of the major provisions of the law do not become effective until 2014, now is the time to gain an understanding of how the law will affect your business. Familiarizing yourself with the law now can significantly reduce the risks of penalties and additional costs once 2014 arrives.
We then covered several other topics including:
- Various requirements of the “Large Employer Mandate”.
- Determining which employees are entitled to health insurance coverage.
- What constitutes adequate health insurance coverage.
- Establishing and utilizing “look back” or “measurement periods”.
- When and how penalties will be assessed and calculated.
Check out our Upcoming Events page for news and updates on our future seminars and webinars.
For more information on this topic or to submit a question for Suzanne, use our contact page at www.macpas.com/contact. You can contact Micah at email@example.com or visit online at http://www.devineoffice.com/the_lawyers/micah-saul.
Below you can watch a recording of the presentation, view the slides, or download the audio file.
Download the audio file as an MP3 (30 MB)
Click here to download
- Advisory / Consulting
- Affordable Housing
- Assurance / Audit
- Business Valuation
- Community and Service
- Employee Benefit Plans
- HR / Employment
- Industry Reports
- Manufacturing / LEAN
- Risk / Management / Control
- Service Organization Controls
- Wealth Management